A look at 2013

12.31.2013

2013 was a great year for us! It is filled with memories that make me smile...

friends
family
running
good food
trying new restaurants
beach vacations
a trip to New York (first time flying for the boys)
trips to Virginia
a visit from our cousins
C starting Kindergarten
the boys learning to ride bikes
the boys learning to tie shoes
goals achieved
goals not achieved (Chicago, but hopefully in 2014!)
18 books read
around 600 miles run
2(ish) miles in the pool
lots of working
lots of playing
and lessons learned.

I feel so blessed and thankful and 2013 will be a year I refer back to for a long time. The best thing about the year of course is anything to do with these guys.




Thank you for reading. This is a place that I love, an outlet for me to create, to clear my head of the words that fill it, to share my teeny little humble experiences, photos, and ideas, and to be inspired by others.

I've learned many lessons this year, and among them what stands out is simply to show friends and family you love them. Say it often and don't be embarrassed. Give hugs and squeeze people tightly. Never look to the internet for medical advice. Have a good attitude.  Forgive easily (that includes yourself).  Lay down the camera sometimes and pick it up sometimes. Soak it all in. It goes by too fast.


2013 Memorable Moments from Courtney on Vimeo.
music by Mindy Gledhill

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! And CHEERS!

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are adorable! Those sweaters! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your boys are just precious! I love, love, love the outfits! Hard to believe another year has come and gone. Thanks for sharing the lessons you've learned. Really great words of wisdom, my friend! Looking forward to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Your boys are precious!

    ReplyDelete