Christmastime 2012

12.27.2012

It has been so merry here in Tennessee! We had a great Christmas. I can honestly say it's been the best Christmas I can remember since I was a kid I think.  The boys are at really fun ages, the Elf has really kept them in line (wink wink), we've spent time together, eaten great food, and made great memories.

Christmas eve we went to church. The candle light service is my favorite of the year.  Beautiful!


A favorite picture of the boys, yay for impromptu photo shoots, they're always the best. Turtlenecks and corduroy, sigh, I love it.


Christmas morning the boys came downstairs so excited. They got so much stuff (really, what didn't they get?!) Santa brought race cars and tracks, a cash register, alarm clocks (weird I know, but they were on the list!), playmobile cars, airplanes, Angry Birds games and such, and for the finale, a great big bounce house.  Oh yeah!


Nothing like trying out the bounce house in your Christmas pj's when it's 30 degrees!!!

Daddy's so cute.

Grandma and Grandpa sent trains and bed tents and Hess trucks, etc.

Gee thanks Grandma, how lovely;) (just kidding!!)
Nana and Papa brought giant remote control cars, tubs of crayons, pj's, etc.


Aunt Sarah sent remote control trucks and Angry Birds games.  Aunt Grace, Uncle Davey, and our 4 favorite cousins sent games, pj's, giant crayons, books, homemade peppermint bark, etc. (Not to mention, a Lululemon gift card for my birthday, but that's coming in another post;).

So many friends, neighbors, and relatives sent beautiful gifts and cards to our family -- and I have to say, it isn't about the gifts of course, just the presence of wonderful people in our lives that makes my heart full.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas:)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! My husband was on kid duty last night so I could get a shower in and when I got out he said my son was in his bed tent "probably asleep". I went in there to check on him and couldn't find him anywhere....so I stood really still and finally heard him breathing...he'd crawled underneath his bed and gone to sleep...we had to lift the bed up to get him out and he briefly woke up to tell us that the tent was too scary :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing pictures!! I LOVE your sweater dress in the first one! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH my goodness that picture of your boys is absolutely PRECIOUS! They are too sweet. We are SO BLESSED, aren't we? So glad your Christmas was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Looks like you all had a great Christmas:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, you guys are picture perfect!!! Those sweet boys!! I just want to squeeze them!! Looks like the cleaned house this year! Love ya, lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Love the bounce house...Avery would hyperventilate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the family picture! You all are such naturals in front of the camera,and those bed tents are too cool. xx

    ReplyDelete